Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Speech Fest

A week ago, specifically on May 30, 2015, Mentari School Grand Surya did the Speech Fest. I did the declamation piece called "Juvenile Delinquent". My classmates did between the declamation text or a poem. My partner for the piece Juvenile Delinquent is Dhana. He's my only friend that is a boy in EFL because the others are girls. I was rated by the Grade 6 students while Dhana was rated by the Grade 5 students.

Overall. I enjoyed the speech fest. I feel happy that i finished my speech and I hope i'll get an easier piece next year. ~Vincent

On the 30th of April, our school held a Speech Fest. My class performed poems and declamations, while the grade 8 performed speeches.


My piece and Adzra’s was entitled, “Vengeance is not ours, its God’s”. It was about a boy who lost his parents to a war. He was blind and alone. It was a tragic story. The first try was not as good, but eventually I got it and performed well enough.


The grade 6 and 5 evaluated our performance. It was divided into two sections, in the morning and in the evening. I was really nervous that I forgot one line, but I covered it quick enough that no one noticed.


It was a fun experience and I was glad that I can do it.
-Audrey F

On May 30, 2015, we had a speech fest. My classmates did declamations and poems. I did a declamation piece, "A Glass of Cold Water". I did my declamation in the first session, which the 6th grader, graded us. I was really nervous that time, but it was a new experience for all of us.

I did enjoyed this year's speech fest. Some of the performers were nervous, but they did their declamation, poems, or speech really well. Overall, the speech fest was a success. I really look forward in events like this. ~Angelique

No comments:

Post a Comment